Sunday, December 2, 2012

Affiliate Marketing Tips - What to Do With Lousy Product Launches You Want to Promote


You know what burns me up more than anything else? A great product with a lousy product launch. What do I mean by a lousy product launch? Well, read this article and you'll find out. And no, I'm not going to mention any names because I don't want to embarrass anybody. The point of the article is to allow you to still promote the product honestly, even though the launch is less than ideal.

A recent product I promoted, a great product in the IM niche, had a launch strategy that a lot of people would find very annoying. The launch had an upsell, downsell, OTO, forced continuity and whatever else you could think of. It was a real purchaser's nightmare. I know from first hand experience and feedback from people that they don't like being made to jump through a million hoops to buy a product. And forced continuity is a real hot topic today. Don't even get me started on that one.

Okay, so what do you do? You have a great product but a sales process that will most likely annoy the majority of people who go to the site. Well, here is the way I handle it.

For starters, any product I promote, I don't just send people directly to a sales page. With every other affiliate doing that, where would be my advantage? Instead, what I do is send them to a review page of the product where I offer a comprehensive review of the product. This puts me ahead of the game over most affiliates. I suggest you try it sometime.

Now, in the case of a product with a lousy sales process, what I do in my review is simply mention the process itself. I tell people EXACTLY what they can expect to find at the sales page. This way there are no surprises when they get there. I even go as far as to say that I personally don't like the process either and only promote the product because it is so good. This kind of honesty goes a long way.

You might want to try it sometime. It sure beats having one of your prospects come back to you complaining that they were taken through a million OTOs before they could actually get to the page to download the product that they just paid for. They will appreciate the heads up and will know that they can depend on you to be straight with them.

To YOUR Success,

Steven Wagenheim

How to Use Scarcity in Product Launch - The Number One Action Trigger   Just Launched - The WordPress Popup Engine   Preparing For Product Launch   What Are the Essential Ways to Launch a New Product?   Promotional Strategies For Products   



0 comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。